Exotic and Fresh Fruits
Product ID: Exotic FruitsSend Inquiry
Naranjilla, Passion Fruit, Banana Passion Fruit, Prickly Pear, Sweet Granadilla, Tamarillo, Pitahaya, Baby Banana, Physalis, Soursop
- Taste is said to be superior to most cactus fruits. The fruit is popular eaten chilled, out of hand. It is also used to flavor drinks and pastries. The fruit is juicy, with a subtle fruity flavors. Red Pitaya is pleasant to eat and when sliced the fruit is especially attractive.This climbing cactus is know for its good taste and laxative properties.
- Passion Fruit
- The Passion Fruits are rich-flavoured and pungent, but pleasantly aromatic. Pulp is often eaten fresh, seeds are edible. The undiluted juice is highly concentrated and is an excellent additive to other fruit juices. It is also excellent served alone with a little water and added sugar. The juice makes an excellent jelly, pie filling or as an additive to a cake frosting. It can also be made into sherbets, wine, or cocktails. Seeds with the surrounding juice sacs are often added to fruit salads in Australia. Passion fruit juice is a good source of ascorbic acid (vitamin C), carotenoids (vitamin A) and niacin.
- Small orange fruit similar in size and shape to a cherry tomato. The fruit is covered in papery husk. Flavor is a pleasant, unique tomato /pineapple like blend. It possesses a very sweet but tart flavor making them very appealing for many different dishes. Due to their high content of Vitamin A, Calcium and Phosphorus they are reported to help control diabetes, clean the blood and aid in the treatment of the prostate gland. They also aid in digestion. Uses are similar to common tomato. Can be eaten raw, used in salads, desserts, as a flavoring, and in jams and jellies. Fruits are excellent when dipped in chocolate, and can be dried and eaten. In addition to being canned whole and preserved as jam, the cape gooseberry is made into sauce, used in pies, puddings, chutneys and ice cream, and eaten fresh in fruit salads and fruit cocktails. In Colombia, the fruits are stewed with honey and eaten as dessert. The British use the husk as a handle for dipping the fruit in icing.
- Baby Banana
- Baby bananas are just that, a smaller version of the regular banana. They're sweetest when spotting is visible on the peel. They're also referred as finger bananas because they are about the size of a finger (measuring 6 to 8 cm). Baby bananas can be used the same way as regular bananas. It is the sweetest of the banana family. Baby Bananas should not be confused with Manzanos.
- This subtropical "tree tomato" is, in fact, related to the tomato (as well as to the potato and eggplant). This fruit is notable more for its ravishing beauty than its flavor. Slicing it in half reveals black or orange flesh (the darker the peel, the darker the flesh) surrounding a nest of seeds. It's more acidic than sweet, and tastes a bit like a tomato. It's best if it's peeled and cooked before eating. Tamarillo have an extensive culinary use. They can be served fresh, sliced or pureed as a dessert topping (but will need sweetening); or cooked and eaten (like tomatoes) with savory foods and seasonings. Either way, they must be peeled. The fruit is easily made into jelly. Whole, peeled fruits, with sugar, are cooked to a sauce for use on ice cream. The peeled fruits may be pickled whole, or may be substituted for tomatoes in a hot chili sauce. Eaten fresh or as flavoring for drinks.
Features.Delicious and Fresh fruits